HAVE YOU HEARD?! Our girl Tina Fey is BACK with a host of familiar friends to spin a brand new yarn. It’s not the story of Girl World or 30 Rockefeller Plaza : Nope, this time it’s about a young woman named Kimmy Schmidt who is rescued from her life in a cult and starts anew in good ol’ NYC.
Sounds promising, right? WE THINK SO.
You’ll find it on Netflix come March 6th (that’s this Friday, people) and WE CAN’T WAIT. Here’s 5 reasons why!
1. TINA FEY – Need we say more? We don’t need to, but we will because Tina Fey is our leader and we bow at her feet wherever she may roam. Along with fellow 30 Rock creator Robert Carlock, Fey is back in business and ready to tap our funny bones — and our hearts. As of now she doesn’t appear in the series, but… we can dream.
2. THE CAST – Can you say “dream team”? We can! DREAM TEAM! Ellie Kemper as Kimmy; Jane Krakowski as Kimmy’s rich, crazy boss (praying for a Jenna 2.0 situation); Titus Burgess as Kimmy’s gay roomie; and Carol Kane as the goofy landlady. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!
3. THE CONCEPT – If this isn’t prime Fey, we don’t know what is. Discussing feminism and culture through the lens of a “Mole Woman” who is forces us to look at life in a new way? Hilarious and poignant all in one. THAT’S WHY WE LOVE YOU, TINA.
4. IT’S ALL ON NETFLIX – No need to wait 4 months to see how the story plays out. You can watch it in one sitting in the comfort of your own bed while eating your Night Cheese. It was originally supposed to air on NBC, but execs sold it to Netflix and we couldn’t be happier. While we are sad to see the former king of comedy NBC flail, we’re pleased Netflix is giving us all of our favorites whenever we want them.
5. IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER – Because it’s not relying on weekly network viewership, Kimmy Schmidt could go on FOREVER. Or at least, for one more season, since Netflix has already signed on to the first two. Could Kimmy join the ranks of Piper Chapman and Frank Underwood as Netflix gods? We can only hope.